If you’re new to IRC, don’t worry it’s just like any other chat except it lets you do a few things extra.
- How do I Change My Display Name (Nick) ?
Type: ” /nick myNewNickname ” without the quotes.
- How do I Register or Password Protect my Nickname?
Use this command to register the nickname you are currently connected with.
/nickserv register <password> <email_address>
/nickserv register SiU4N3tpo email@example.com
You will then receive an email from your Foonetic network with a verification command. Simply copy the verification command and enter it in KiwiIRC. Your nick is now registered.
- How do I Change Channels, or Go to A Different Chatroom?
Type: ” /join #NameOfChannel ” without quotes.
- How do I Block or Ignore trolls and spammers?
Type: “/ignore username” without quotes, replacing “username” with the name of the troll/spammer.
Type: “/unignore username” without quotes, as before to reverse this.
- Can I use more commands? Where can I learn the commands?
Google It! IRC commands